Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mandy's collage sheet

As promised, here are the four collages I made from Mandy's collage sheet.
Some of the bits were enlarged before printing, but I exclusively used the images from her sheet, and other than the two black backgrounds, I didn't use any paint.


 




Once again, I really enjoyed working with limited resources.
It helps me think more creatively when there are not endless possibilities.
I confess when I first saw the sheet I thought "what the heck am I going to make with that?"
 I cut out all the separate pictures and kept pushing them around in different ways and I kept coming up empty.  It was only when I started messing with the sizes and cutting apart the images that inspiration struck.
It was a great exercise and I can't wait to do more.

I've already got two more artists lined up for future collage sheet challenges.

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I've been so intimidated with the challenge, maybe, just maybe I have the courage to participate now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I really like that third one a lot. You really managed to use them in an unrecognizable way. That is not that easy. I looked at them for a long time and gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful Karen! I love how distinct they each are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very creative, and such wealth from just one sheet. What is amazing is the 3D effect you have managed to achieve on these collages. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did well...such a variety of images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the middle 2 especially! Flies and gnats! Funny that we both put the man with that. What would Freud say?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great exercise to have done, with great results! So clever to have thought of enlarging some of them...

    ReplyDelete