Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

today's collage is brought to you by the letter...

M
M is for mail
and M is for Mary.

Look what arrived in my mailbox today!
A big clear envelope packed with goodies from Mary.
It looked prettier before I tore it open in the post office parking lot and poured all the little bits onto the front seat of the car and then stuffed them back willy-nilly so I could get them in the house without losing them.
But still.
Pretty darn cool.

I decided I would create a collage exclusively from papers she sent.
Here's collage #8 of 365.

and then, because I was having so much fun, I glued some more of Mary's tidbits onto this background I'd started earlier today.
It's #9 (though it seems to have a bit of an identity crisis with it's #10 stickers all over it)

Thanks Mary for the wonderful surprise and inspiration for today's collages!

And speaking of collage and mail and challenges...
Did you know there are finally two new swaps posted over at Mail Me Some Art?  Go there right now and check them out.

13 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm glad you're already putting stuff to good use! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat! Great work to start the year and the project! I'm fighting the flu and just don't have the energy to work on collages now, but am looking forward to getting back to it any day now.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that clear envelope. What a tease for the postal staff! I tried to work on some collages last night...wow am I rusty. perhaps I'll have better luck tonight. yours are certainly inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gift, not surprised you tore right into that beautiful package! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely gift from Mary, and the collages you made are great. I love the blue one with the coffee cup. One of the advantages of being left-handed is that I do, in fact, drink from the other side, which I do like in cafes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A clear envie? Never thought to do this, how cool....haha!

    I never have the patience to wait, either....I just have to tear into happy mail, too :)

    So great to get goodies that inspire you to create then and there :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA - I always tear into my mail too -- and what fun to get a see-thru with collage goodies inside. That Mary is a real kick. The collages look great, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I love Mary's clear envelopes! And I also really like the idea of creating a work of art exclusively from a particular group of goodies sent by one person. I've done that from swaps at LaWendula, and it is satisfying and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AND...I also want to invite you to come to the CREATE Mixed Media Art Retreat in Somserset, New Jersey, in July!! We East Coast girls have to stick together now that there is actually an art retreat in our neck of the woods!! (I'm going for the weekend, but it runs from Wed. to Sun.--check the web site for the details...it's on my blog today!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad I'm not the only one who semi-ruins beautiful packages by tearing in to them with excitement! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOU are so cute I can't stand it. Just taking everything out and using it right away! If I had done that all these years, I would have been able to see my studio, now.

    Another thing that's so funny is that my resolution for this year was to not enter any swaps at all and concentrate on my canvases. Then of course, I got my list of swap partners from Shannon for the international postcard swap I signed up for last month. haha!

    So now I'm going over to MMSA and see what the hell's going on.

    ReplyDelete